WWII fighter made by Curtis, located in Buffalo NY. Powered by an Allison v-1710-19 supercharged v 12. It was the only liquid cooled fighter of WW2, displacing 1710 cubic inches and making 1040 hp at 3200 rpm. Armed with 2 50 cals and 2 30 cal machine guns. Later versions were the p-40E and p-40L, equipped with Rolls Royce Merlin engines making a few hundred HP more. These were the planes the famous "Flying Tigers" flew, and were renowned for their durability.